Monday, May 30, 2016

5 years up!

Dear Chintu,
I know I've been super irregular at blogging this year but nothing would stop me from my yearly ritual of writing to you. Maybe I am doing this because a decade later I might read my blog and reminisce all that we went through and feel good about it. Or maybe it is just my way of expressing my emotions and love for you. Call it what you want but nothing's gonna stop me from doing this. So here I go..
We've been through Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 but I can vehemently state that nothing, absolutely nothing can come close to what we've been through this year. This past year has been super rough on us as a couple in every aspect possible - working professionals, family life, health etc. But as I look back, I can proudly state that we've been through some really horrid and testing times and I am sure it has prepared us to accept each other for who we are. At the same time, it has also taught us to make changes, we've learnt to adjust to each other's liking, we've learnt the art of balancing work and home, we've learnt the art of balancing social life and "our" life etc. So much learning in such less time! I will admit. There were so many times when I doubted we would sustain. Everyone around us was pissed off - my folks, your folks, my friends, your friends, my extended family etc. However, I must say that we are truly blessed with some really supportive family and friends. You know who they are and I don't have to mention any of them. But I would like to use this space to acknowledge all that they have done for us, despite their own busy schedules. My parents, your parents.. it goes without saying.. My bestie, M. Your colleague M. My cousin Sne. Your friends CP and D. And their respective spouses, S and V. I'm positive that without all these people and their counsel, we would not be where we are today. And I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to each and everyone I've mentioned here. We love you and are forever indebted to you guys! <3 nbsp="" p="">
I know it is really childish on my part to imagine that our bad times are behind us and that we know each other truly well. Sadly no. Each day is a new day and brings with it a new learning. But the one thing that remains constant is how much you care for me. The number of times you've headed to the store to pick up medicine. The umpteen number of times you've loaned me cash because I've been too lazy to go to the ATM. The nights you made your yummylicious peanut salad.. Slurrp! Please make it again for me.. it is to die for !

The best part about our life is the wanderlust, of course. Amsterdam was such an adventure! Bruges was stunningly beautiful. Ghent was so lively. Brussels, though not my most favorite, was still a chocolate lover's heaven ! Thank you for splurging and indulging in all these places. I truly am very very lucky! The best bit was of course our family trip to Bangkok(which I really need to blog about soon!) - all that street food, evening walks, Thai food and of course the shopping.. Hmmm lovely memories! I eagerly look forward to all the trips we will undertake this year and of course all those superb photographs that you take.

This year is a crucial year for us in so many ways. I shall blog about in detail(hopefully soon!). I pray that we enjoy each day as it comes and most importantly, be there for each other when required. Here's wishing you loads of luck, good health, prosperity and hope you get all that you desire.
Happy 5th anniversary, Chintu!
Leaving you with one of my favorite collage that I posted on my Instagram page this year - sums it all up :)
Love,
Aishu

"In life it's not where you go, it's who you travel with"! Love that we started traveling and never stopped. Half a decade with my BFF today! 😁 #anniversary#5years — with Karthik Balaswamy.

No comments: