Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Destination Bangalore!

Hi ya folks!
Back from a highly rejuvenating, extremely funtastic trip to Bangalore this weekend. It was extra special because it was the first time we were driving our new car on the highway and I must say it behaved very very well! :-)
So we leave home early morning on Friday, our drive was quick, thanks to the lovely toll roads and the elevated highway in Bangalore. We reach Bangy around 11ish and change to head out to lunch with one of K's MBA friends. We went to this place called "I & Monkey", which had a nice ambience but the lesser I talk about the food, the better. Best part about Bangalore is of course you get beer/alcohol in abundance :P
"V" was a real fun person, extremely chatty and nice to hang out with. Then K takes me on a nice, super long walk around town... he showed me his college, the places and pubs he used to hang out in, talks endlessly.. Yep, that's right, the boy can talk & talk & talk... He was so thrilled to relive his old memories in Bangalore. I'm surprised the boy didn't settle there. We then head to Brigade Road, I wanna shop but decide to hold it off until the next day. By which time, we were ready to head to "Toit", which is this cute little brew pub on Indranagar. They brew their beer in house, K was in seventh heaven, it seemed :) The music was good, overall very nice place to chill out.. would have been even better had there been a bigger gang, of course.
We call it an early night, thanks to us waking up at 4am and not resting all day.
DAY 2: We wake up early, head to the restaurant for a nice Udipi style breakfast, come back, watch tv, relax and K promptly falls asleep! We had promised to meet one of my FIL's bestest friends for lunch at the Army club. So we again start walking(we really loved the walks, especially at nights). I sneak into a handicrafts store and start buying up the place, K heads to a book store and we are at peace without each other for a bit. After about an hour,we head to the Club. Nice looking one, that too. We meet JP uncle, have a nice time chatting. And then again do a quick tour of the city... K shows me the house where his folks used to live, the Madras Sappers mess(that's the FIL's army regiment), the hostel where my beloved K stayed(!), the army ground etc etc etc. Then the much needed retail therapy... Commercial Street. Lol. I was on my own for the most part and had a blast. Shopped. Shopped and Shopped! Can never tire from it.
We then head back, again change and decide that we want to have a late nighter.. So we first go to Hard Rock - chill out and enjoy the music. And then go to this place recommended by his friend, V called the Skyee Bar in UB City. Sooper nice place.. I loved the music! Very romantic indeed :) We party our asses off, and have a coffee and then troop in late. Phew. We've had a lonnggg day indeed. We crash.
Day 3: And wake up early again, and decide to have "Topi Dosa", which my MIL said I must try. Was cute and tasty of course. By this time, its hit me that it was time to head back :-( We pack, we start our drive back, we talk about our lovely weekend throughout. Good times indeed! But I cheer up because I'm going back to Bangalore in May for K's cousin's wedding. So I'm not too disappointed.
Overall, SUPERB TRIP! :-) 

No comments: