Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June - Part II(The not so good stuff)

Continued from here... 

Post the in laws' anniversary, I geared up for Shan's wedding which was on the 23rd. Now, I missed most of my good friends' weddings since I was away in the US. So I was damn excited when Shan was getting married coz it meant some fun times with my college friends. Needless to say, I went a little crazy. I love weddings. And everything that comes with it. It started with her bachelorette first. We surprised her at home, we picked "red" as the theme, got ourselves eye masks, she popped some champagne and off we went to Illusions to celebrate. Was good fun but we didn't do anything "crazy". Then her sister was throwing a surprise "bridal shower". Yes. Don't ask me what the difference is. But it was good fun too. Basically, she had completely decorated a room in their house, we took along pics of us with Shan, we cut cake, we played some games, and made the bride laugh a lot. The groom also came in the end, which was a cute surprise indeed. Then there was her Mehendi 1 day before the wedding. Again, lots of girls gathered at her house. Clicked tons and tons of pics. By this time my hubby was completely annoyed. He felt I was going for too many functions and not spending time at home and specifically with him because all these happened over weekends. Now when he is pissed, he sulks. He sulks some more. And keeps on sulking. He won't speak. He won't tell me why he is pissed. I'm expected to read his mind. Honestly, I didn't have the time to read the signs. Like I said I was too busy socializing. Next day morning was the wedding and then in the evening was the reception. Nope. We are not done yet. The finale was the cocktail party at Blend. For which I went too. And that pretty much did it. K was super pissed. Like "I didn't think he was going to spare me alive" kinda pissed. He accused me of ignoring him, ignoring my chores around the house and said I didn't know to "balance" it out.  Maybe this is a good time to explain why we kinda clash so much. Let me tell you briefly about our personalities. I'm very outgoing, I love people and I cannot survive without socializing with people. I grab any opportunity I get to go out and socialize(not necessarily a party person, I love to just catch up with friends even if its just coffee!). My darling husband is the complete opposite. He likes everything to be low-key, has a few but good trusted friends and will avoid people as much as possible. Nothing wrong with that.  I'm someone that needs lots of space. Like LOTS and LOTS of it. I'm not clingy. In fact, I panic and get very uncomfortable if someone gets too clingy with me. Don't ask me why. I'm just like that! My hubs, on the other hand,  isn't usually clingy but eventually gets there thanks to me.  I guess its the effect I have on him. I am not very expressive or overly romantic. Ok I'll admit. I'm the least romantic person I think :-( He reaches a stage where he seeks reassurance and if I'm not around then, god forbid what can happen! He unleashes his wrath. One thing I wish to learn from him is to control my tongue during a fight. Its next to impossible for me. I say stuff, I bellow like an idiot. He usually keeps shut. That's his way of rebelling. But this time, even he lashed out. We both lashed out at each other. It just turned very very ugly. Urgh. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. I still don't know who was wrong, whether it could have been avoided etc. But then we did end up fighting a lot. It took away all the fun I had during all the weddings. I wished things were different and we didn't end up saying all those things(at least I wish). But then I cannot turn back time. Every day was like that. He would crib about everything - food, things around the house, me in general! It was so so so annoying. I wished he wouldn't seek perfection in every single aspect. If there's one thing I want to change in him, its that! I'm nowhere close to it. #lesigh.

To be continued...

No comments: